Tuesday 15 May 2012

Explore Art

    Today we explored a different way of creating art, painting pancakes with colored syrup! What kid doesn't love getting all sticky, painting, and actually getting to EAT their work, right? I am very blessed to have an exceptional group of moms as friends, really. The day's forecast was to be cloudy,but nice, and I certainly did not expect we would be battling the wind. One particular mom managed to arrange an indoor venue for us within minutes of arriving to our outdoor spot, and for that I am extremely grateful. So like the helpful mamas we all are, everyone pitched in to bring supplies in, and set up tables and chair for the kids to begin working on their creations. Another mama helped make some of the paint, and that was truly awesome of her, since there was no way I was going to make more than 4 colors. Do you know, by the way, that the name blackberry is very deceiving? It looked almost like the paint I made with the raspberries?hahaha. Home made pancakes were used as the kids' canvases and the mixture of pancake syrup with different fruit/veggies was used to dye them different colors. I like how instead of using food coloring, we decided to go a more natural way, but if I had to do it again, I would reccommend using clear corn syrup as suggested to me, so you get a truer color. Regardless, the kids had a lot of fun painting and eating, which is the whole purpose of all of this, to see the smiles on their precious faces.
    Afterwards, we gathered at the toddler park and also ventured into the spray park as the day got nicer. Thank you to all the wonderful mamas and tots that made this day special. I am truly lucky to call you our friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.